Primus Green Energy is always looking for talented individuals who want to join a growing, dynamic company that is a leader in the alternative fuel industry. We can offer meaningful work and the chance to help change the energy technology landscape. We also offer great benefits, listed below.
If you’re passionate about energy technologies/alternative fuels, and if you want to join a capable and hard-working team, please apply!
Primus offers an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Medical health plan
- PPO/POS insurance plans
- Free healthcare advocate services and guidance
- Low cost mail order prescription drug option
- Dental plan with high quality benefit at low cost to employees
- Vision plan at no cost to you or your family members
- 401(k) plan with Safe Harbor employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off
- Long-term disability plans
- Liberty Mutual Employer Sponsored Plan offering low cost auto and home insurance
- Colonial Workplace Voluntary Benefits
- Critical illness
- Supplemental life insurance for you, spouse, and/or children
- Operations Manager
Primus is recruiting an Operations Manager to build and head the Operations team for their Gas-to-Liquids Demonstration units, one of which is nearing completion at its Hillsborough, New Jersey headquarters facility. Primus is a technology company developing and commercializing a proprietary technology to convert natural gas and biomass to gasoline and later diesel and jet fuel. The company has approximately 50 employees and is growing.
The Operations Manager will work with the Primus staff to complete development of plant operations and safety procedures, help recruit and train the balance of operators, and direct operations of the facility.
- Manage all demonstration plant operations and supervise operating personnel.
- Ensure all operations are consistent with plant safety programs.
- Maintain and enhance appropriate operating and safety procedures.
- Work closely with the Technology Group to develop operations plans and procedures that support its testing program.
- Work closely with Plant Construction Manager and Technology Groups to ensure continued operability of the plant, its measurement systems, computer controls and data acquisition and recording.
- Ensure test run results are provided to the relevant team members.
- Provide an operations perspective to the commercial plant design team. Participate in design reviews and HazOps.
- Develop, implement and maintain programs and processes to ensure efficient high quality of operations, equipment maintenance, facility, utility & security system’s infrastructure to ensure compliance with local building codes as well as Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Responsible for the enforcement of safety and security regulations and compliance issues as they pertain to the buildings, staff and operations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies such as EPA, DCA, FDA (CDRH/CBER), OSHA, etc. Develop and maintain procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adequate equipment and supplies for the Department.
- Develop and maintain established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
Applicant Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree (Preference for Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- 20 years chemical industry progressive responsibility and experience in the chemical or related industry, with 10+ years in an operations management position; preference for chemical plant or refinery operation with high pressure equipment.
- Prior experience with new technology development, pilot plants or demonstration plants strongly preferred.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and job site personnel
- Proven background in supporting a strong Health, Safety and Environmental culture
- Strong problem solving ability with customers, personnel, operations, and chemical solutions
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, hands-on, small team environment
- Proven people management skills
Primus Green Energy is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Primus Green Energy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify our Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.