With STG+® technology at its core, Primus’ Gas-to-Gasoline system is simple to operate and is not labor intensive. It produces high-quality gasoline or diluent directly from a wide range of hydrocarbon gas types. Unlike large stick-built units, our modular gasoline units are uniquely designed to be cost-effective at scales as small as 500 barrels per day (bpd) and the catalysts used have a lifetime >5 years.
Essential requirements for a modular plant like this are:
- At least 6mmcf/day of natural gas supply (C1-C5) less than or equal to $2.50/mmbtu (in USA/Canada)
- Water supply of 5gpm; almost self-sufficient (unlike methanol process)
- 3MW of power capacity
- Ability to operate 24/7/365 as operating capacity is >95%
How it works
The Primus Gas-to-Gasoline STG+® system takes place in a continuous gas-phase closed loop, with no intermediate condensation steps.
- Steam Methane Reforming Natural gas or other hydrocarbon gas reacts with steam at a high temperature and pressure to produce syngas (H2,CO and CO2 ).
- Syngas-to-Gasoline A series of catalytic fixed-bed reactors convert the syngas into gasoline and water via methanol and dimethyl ether intermediates.
- Liquid/Gas Separation The products are cooled and condensed. The gasoline product is sent to storage; the water is reused to make steam for the reformer; and the unconverted gas is recycled, with a portion being used to fuel the reformer.
To view our gasoline brochure, click here
|Feed Gas Type||Liquid Product||Feed Gas Flow MMSCF/D||Feed Gas Flow NM^3/D||Production Capacity|
|Natural Gas||Gasoline||4-5||110,000-130,000||500 bpd|
|Natural Gas||Gasoline||17-20||450,000-540,000||2000 bpd|
|Syngas||Gasoline||68-80||1.8-2.1 million||2000 bpd|
|Natural Gas||Methanol||4-5||110,000-130,000||160 mt/d|
|Natural Gas||Methanol||17-20||450,000-540,000||640 mt/d|