All of the components in our GTL systems are standard and are commonly found throughout the oil and gas industry. Our highly integrated systems use STG+® technology to efficiently combine three simple steps:
- Steam methane reforming
- Syngas-to-liquid conversion through fixed bed catalytic reactors
- The separation of reactor output components (gas and liquid)
By comparison with other GTL technologies, our STG+® process minimizes complexity, increases yield, and economically delivers high quality finished products. Primus GTL systems are straightforward to operate, include integrated control systems and require minimal maintenance.
Unlike large stick-built units, Primus’ GTL systems are fabricated and tested at a central location and assembled directly at the project site. The skid-mounted modular units can be trucked in, assembled onsite into a turnkey system and remotely monitored. This process expedites delivery of the unit, reduces construction labor costs, and allows for the units to be cost effectively deployed to remote locations. Due to its flexible layout options, the Primus systems can be retrofitted to tight spaces and integrated into existing production operations.
A key advantage of the STG+® technology is that it can convert a wide range of natural gas and syngas/hydrogen feedstock types into valuable liquid end products. Feedstock types acceptable to the Primus GTL systems include:
- Associated/flared natural gas
- Pipeline natural gas
- Residual gas (C1 + C2)
- Dry or wet gas with no limits on C2, C3, C4 or C5
- Natural gas with up to 25% CO2, with higher % providing significant lift to output yield
- Excess syngas from underutilized reformers